REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
ROCKER TYPE SWITCH
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
If equipped with an air bag system, make certain to follow the recommended disarming procedure or arming procedure after repairs.
Remove the left side trim plate:
- Remove the steering column opening filler.
- Open the instrument panel compartment door and unsnap the right side molding from the carrier.
- Loosen the capsule nuts attaching the steering column support bracket to the carrier, to the end of the threads but do not remove from the bolts. Gently lower the steering column.
- Remove the 6 screws attaching the trim plate to the carrier and carefully unsnap and pull away.
- Remove the 3 screws attaching the switch to the instrument carrier and remove the switch.
- Place switch in instrument carrier and attach with screws.
- Attach left side trim plate.
- Enable SIR system and connect the negative battery cable.