REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The wiper switch is part of the multi-function lever, located on the steering wheel column.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the tilt wheel lever by turning clockwise, if equipped. Remove the turn signal protective cover, on 1991-93 vehicles.
- With the turn signal lever in the center position, grasp the lever firmly; twist and pull the lever straight out.
- If equipped with cruise control, disconnect the wire at the base of the steering column and connect a piece of mechanics wire to the connector, on 1990 vehicles. On 1991-93 vehicles disconnect the wire at the lever assembly.
- Use the mechanics wire to pull the cruise control connector harness down through the steering column and connect the connector at the base of the column.
- Push the control lever into the spring loaded socket (be sure to align the tang).
- Install the turn signal lever protective cover, if removed.
- Install the tilt wheel lever, if removed. Connect the negative battery cable.