REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Close the window and tape the glass to the door frame. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door panel.
- Remove the bolts retaining the lower sash channel the regulator sash. On coupe doors, remove the rubber down stop at the bottom of the door.
- Attach the window regulator and lower the window regulator to the full down position. Remove the regulator sash.
- While supporting the glass, remove the tape and lower the window to the full down position. Slide the glass forward and remove the guide clip from the window run channel.
- Raise the glass while tilting it forward and remove it from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the service removal procedure.
See Figures 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the door trim panel and the inner panel water deflector.
- Raise the window to half-up position.
- Punch out the center pins of the glass to sash channel attaching rivets.
- Remove the front window channel and bolt.
- Using a 1 / 16 inch drill bit, drill out the attaching rivets on sash channel.
- Lower the glass to remove from the sash channel and remove the glass from the door.
- To install, remove the drilled out rivets and shavings from the door.
- Check the rivet bushings and retainers on the glass for damage. If necessary, remove the bushings using a flat-bladed tool covered with a cloth body tape. Install by snapping rivet retainer into the bushing.
- Lower the glass into the door and position on the sash channel so the holes in the sash line up with the holes in the bushings and retainers.
- Using rivet tool J-29022 or equivalent, install 1 / 4 inch peel type rivet (part No. 20184399 or equivalent) to retain the glass to sash channel.
- Install the rear guide channel.
- Before installing the trim parts, check the window adjustment for proper fit.
- Install the inner panel water deflector and the door trim panel.