REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Operate the seat to the full-forward position. If six-way power seat is operable, operate seat to the full-forward and up positions. Where necessary to gain access to the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts, remove the adjuster rear foot covers and/or carpet retainers.
- Remove the track covers where necessary; then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan rear attaching nuts. Operate the seat to the full-rearward position. Remove the adjuster front foot covers; then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan front attaching nuts.
- Disconnect the wire connectors and remove the seat belts. Remove the seat assembly from the car.
- Prior to installing the seat assembly, check that both seat adjusters are parallel and in phase with each other.
- Install the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts by moving the seat forward and rearward and torque nuts to 15-21 ft. lbs. (20-28 Nm).
- Check the operation of the seat assembly to full limits of travel.
The rear seat bottom may be removed by simply pushing rearward at the bottom of the seat, then tilt the assembly up and remove from the vehicle. The top (back portion) may be removed by removing the retaining bolts at the bottom of the seatback and lifting up on the assembly.