REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove headlamp bezel retaining screws and remove bezel.
- Disengage spring from the retaining ring with a cotter pin removal tool and remove the retaining ring attaching screws.
- Remove retaining ring, disconnect sealed beam unit at wiring connector and remove the unit.
- To install, attach the connector to replacement unit and position the unit in place making sure the number molded into the lens face is at the top.
In the dual headlamp installation the inboard unit (No. 1) takes a double connector plug, the outboard unit (No. 2) takes a triple connector plug.
- Position retaining ring into place and install the retaining ring attaching screws and spring.
- Check operation of unit and install the headlamp bezel.
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- From the back of the headlamp assembly, twist the bulb retainer clockwise.
- Remove the bulb assembly.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the bulb.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Do not touch the new halogen bulbs glass when installing.
See Figures 5 and 6
The use of SAE approved equipment is preferred to achieve exact adjustment of the headlamps, although a fairly accurate method of adjustment is as follows:
- Position the vehicle approximately 25 ft. from a screen or wall, ensure the vehicle is facing the wall straight.
- Measure the height from the ground to the center of each headlamp.
- Next measure from the ground-up the same distance as previously measured and mark the appropriate spot on the screen or wall with chalk or tape, ensuring the marks are straight ahead of each headlamp.
- Turn the headlamps on and note the marks previously made.
- The vertical aim, if properly adjusted, should be 4 in. up or down from your center mark previously made.
- Turn the vertical (top) adjusting screw if needed to correct the adjustment. The best overall setting is 2 in. up for low beams and 0 in. (straight ahead) for high beams.
- Next check the horizontal aim, if properly adjusted, should be 4 in. to the right or left of the center mark previously made.
- Turn the horizontal (side) adjuster screw if needed to obtain the correct setting. The best overall setting is 1 / 2 inch to the right as not to blind oncoming traffic and better illumination of the sidewalk and curb.
- After adjustment is complete, recheck previous adjustment, the headlamps will change slightly (up or down) when turning the opposite adjuster.