See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the washer hoses from the pump.
- Disconnect the pump wire connector.
- Remove the pump plastic cover.
- Remove the screws securing the pump to the wiper motor and remove the pump assembly.
- With the plastic pump cover removed locate the indexing hole in the pump cam and plate. Align these holes using a pin or drill bit. This is the PARK position.
- Position the pump cover on the wiper motor. Ensure the slot in the 4-lobe cam of the pump is aligned with the drive pin on the wiper motor assembly.
- Secure the assembly with the retaining screws. Remove the aligning pin and install the pump plastic cover.
- Turn the pump motor ON to check operation. A loud knocking noise indicates the pump is misaligned.
There are 2 pump motors located on the windshield washer reservoir, the second pump is for 1993 station wagons equipped with a rear wiper system.
- Drain the washer tank and disconnect the wire connectors.
- Disconnect and remove the reservoir
- Remove the washer pump from the reservoir.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Ensure pump is pushed fully into the reservoir.