REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined earlier.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper manifold assembly.
- Disconnect the fuel return line retaining bracket nut and move the return line away from the regulator.
- Remove the pressure regulator assembly.
- Remove the injector retainer bracket attaching screws and carefully slide the bracket off to clear the injector slots and regulator.
- Detach the injector electrical connectors.
- Remove the fuel injector(s), then remove and discard the O-ring seals.
- Cover the injector sockets to prevent dirt from entering the opening.
Each injector is calibrated with a different flow rate so be sure to replace the injector with the identical part numbers.To install:
- Lubricate the new injector O-ring seals with clean engine oil and install on the injector assembly.
- Install the injector assembly into the lower manifold injector socket, with the electrical connectors facing inward.
- Carefully position the injector retainer bracket so that the injector retaining slots and regulator are aligned with the bracket slots.
- Attach the injector electrical connectors.
- Install the pressure regulator assembly.
- Install the injector retainer bracket retaining screws, coated with thread locking material and tighten to 31 inch lbs. (3.5 Nm).
- Install the accelerator cable bracket with the attaching bolts/nuts finger-tight at this time.
Align the accelerator bracket as follows:
- Place a steel rule across the bore of the throttle body, with one end in contact with the accelerator bracket.
- Adjust the accelerator bracket to obtain a 25 / 64 in. (9-11mm) gap between the bracket and the throttle body.
- Tighten the top bolt first and tighten all bolts/nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Tighten the fuel filer cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds, OFF for 10 seconds, then ON and check for fuel leaks.
- Install the air intake duct.