REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined earlier.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the vacuum hose from the regulator.
- Place a rag under the connection and remove the fuel return pipe clamp.
- Remove the fuel return pipe and O-ring from the regulator. Discard the O-ring.
- Unfasten the pressure regulator bracket attaching screw, then remove the pressure regulator assembly and O-ring. Discard the O-ring.
- Lubricate a new pressure regulator O-ring with clean engine oil, then install on the pressure regulator.
- Install the pressure regulator assembly onto the manifold.
- Install the pressure regulator bracket attaching screw coated with the appropriate thread locking material and tighten to 31 inch lbs. (3.5 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum hose to the regulator.
- Lubricate a new fuel return pipe O-ring with clean engine oil, then install on the end of the pipe.
- Install the fuel return pipe to the pressure regulator and tighten the attaching nut to 22 inch lbs. (30 Nm).
- Fasten the fuel return pipe clamp attaching nut to the lower manifold assembly.
- Tighten the fuel filler cap.
- Connect the negative battery cable and turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds, OFF for 10 seconds, then ON and check for fuel leaks.