REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Anti-Lock Brakes
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a suitable tool, (a clean turkey baster works well) drain some of the fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the fluid level sensor on the master cylinder.
- Place a number of cloths or a container under the master cylinder to catch the brake fluid. Disconnect and plug the brake lines from the master cylinder; use a flare nut wrench if one is available.
- Unfasten the nuts attaching the master cylinder to the booster or firewall.
- Remove the master cylinder from its mounting studs and from the vehicle.
- Attach the master cylinder to the booster with the nuts. Tighten to 20-30 ft. lbs. (27-45 Nm.).
- Unplug the lines, then connect them to the master cylinder. Tighten to 10-15 ft. lbs. (13-20 Nm).
- Attach the fluid level sensor electrical lead.
- Bleed the brakes, as outlined in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.