REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
For 1994 3.1L vehicles, the clutch master cylinder can be replaced as a separate assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the sound insulator from inside the vehicle.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Unfasten the clutch master cylinder retaining nuts at the front of the cowl, then remove the remote reservoir.
- Detach the master cylinder assembly from the actuator cylinder by disconnecting the hydraulic line, then remove the master cylinder from the vehicle.
- Attach the master cylinder to the actuator cylinder by fastening the hydraulic line.
- Install the remote fluid reservoir, then secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts evenly to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the pushrod to the clutch pedal. If equipped, adjust the cruise control switch, as outlined in Chassis Electrical of this repair guide.
- Install the sound insulator.
- Bleed the hydraulic system, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.