REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1.8L and 2.0L SOHC Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- For non-turbo vehicles, remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the breather hoses.
- Detach the induction tube on turbo models.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the cover. Remove and discard the gasket.
- Clean the sealing surfaces on the camshaft carrier and cover.
- Reposition the cover with a new gasket and evenly tighten the retainer bolts to 62-84 inch lbs. (7-9.5 Nm).
- Attach the induction tube, breather hoses, and/or air cleaner as applicable.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and inspect for leaks.