REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the camshaft carrier cover as previously outlined.
- Remove the timing belt front cover.
- Align the mark on camshaft sprocket with mark on or camshaft carrier or rear timing belt cover.
- If equipped, remove the timing probe holder.
- Loosen the water pump retaining bolts and remove the timing belt from the camshaft sprocket.
- Hold the camshaft with an open-end wrench. For this purpose a hexagonal is provided in the camshaft. Unfasten the camshaft sprocket retaining bolt and washer, then remove the sprocket.
- Install the camshaft sprocket and align marks on camshaft sprocket and camshaft carrier.
- Hold the camshaft with a hexagonal open-end wrench. Install the sprocket washer and retaining bolt. Tighten to 34 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the timing belt on sprockets and adjust as previously outlined.
- Install timing probe holder, if so equipped, and tighten the nuts to 19 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Install timing belt front cover.
- Install the camshaft carrier cover as previously outlined.