REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
When draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or several years old.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly drain and recover the cooling system into an approved container.
- If necessary for access, remove the air cleaner cover and air cleaner.
- Remove any necessary upper radiator/air duct shrouding.
- Detach the forward lamp harness from the frame and unplug the fan connector.
- Unfasten the fan frame-to-radiator support attaching bolts and then remove the fan assembly.
- Scribe a line around the hood latch for installation purposes, then remove the latch from the radiator support.
- If equipped, remove the radiator air inlet ducts.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses and the coolant recovery hose from the radiator.
- Detach the transmission oil cooler lines from the radiator and wire them out of the way. If equipped with A/C, remove the 4 radiator to condenser bolts and the radiator tank to refrigerant line clamp bolt.
- Unfasten the radiator-to-radiator support attaching bolts and clamps, then remove the radiator from the vehicle.
- Place the radiator in the vehicle so that the bottom is positioned in the lower mounting pads. Tighten the attaching bolts and clamps.
- If equipped with A/C, tighten the 4 radiator-to-condenser bolts and the condenser bolt-to-refrigerant line clamp bolt.
- Connect the transmission oil cooler lines, then tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Attach the upper and lower radiator hoses and the coolant recovery hose to the radiator.
- Install the radiator air inlet ducts.
- Install the fan, making sure the bottom leg of the frame fits into the rubber grommet (if used) at the lower radiator support. Install the retaining bolts and tighten them to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Fasten the fan connector, then attach the forward lamp harness to the fan frame. If used, be sure to connect the engine ground strap to the strut brace.
- Install any necessary upper radiator shrouding.
- Fill the coolant system, connect the negative battery cable, then check for coolant leaks.