REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The following procedure includes removal of the front end panel.Cavalier
- Open the hood.
- Remove the headlamp bezel screws (there are usually 2 each).
- Remove the bolt at each fender-to-front end panel at the upper corner near the headlamp.
- Disconnect the turn signal lamp socket and head lamp wiring.
- Unfasten the screw at each turn signal housing, then remove the housings.
- Remove the bolt from the panel-to-radiator support located below the turn signal housing area.
- Unfasten the nut at the panel to the inner fender.
- Remove the two nuts attaching the bumper end cap to the panel at each side.
- Remove the three bolts at the baffles located at the radiator support.
- Transfer the headlamps and grille.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
See Figure 1
- Remove the grille push-in retainers, then remove the grille panel from the vehicle.
- Position the grille panel to the headlamp and grille mounting panel.
Install the push-in retainers in the following sequence:
- Top center retainer
- Both upper outer retainers
- Both bottom retainers
- Unfasten the grille retaining screws.
- Remove the grille panel.
- Position the grille panel to the headlamp module assembly.
- Install the retaining screws and tighten to 13 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
See Figures 2, 3, 4 and 5
On these models please refer to the illustrations. Beginning in 1990, the Sunbird has a separate grille similar to that of the Cavalier, refer to those procedures for removal and installation.