REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Prop open the lid and place protective coverings along the edges of the lift window opening (to protect the paint from damage).
- Where necessary, disconnect the wire harness from the lift window.
- While a helper supports the lid, use an awl or flat bladed tool to remove the clips on the gas supports and pull the supports off the retainer studs.
- Close the lift window assembly.
- Remove the rear upper garnish moulding at the rear of the headlining.
- Remove the nuts retaining the lift window/hatchback to the body.
- With the aid of a helper, remove the lift window assembly from the body.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
The gas support assemblies are attached to the lid and the body and are secured by retaining clips and/or bolts.
The rear compartment lift window assembly (hatchback) height, fore and aft and side adjustments are controlled at the hinge to body location. This area of the body has oversize hinge attaching holes in addition to the hinge to body shims. Adjustment at the hinge location must be made at the lower panel by adjusting the rubber bumpers. The retaining bolts holding the hinge to body should be tightened to 15-20 ft. lbs. (20-27 Nm).