REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the hood and install protective coverings over the fender areas to prevent damage to the painted surfaces and mouldings.
- If equipped, detach the underhood wire.
- Unfasten the retainers, then remove the insulator.
- Remove the hood latch striker.
- Matchmark the position of the hinge on the hood to aid alignment during installation.
- Have an assistant support the front of the hood, remove the hinge-to-hood screws/bolts on each side of the hood, then grasp the rear of the hood and remove it from the vehicle.
- Position the hood, using the alignment marks made when removed.
- Install the hood-to-hinge bolts snug, but do not fully tighten.
- Fasten the hood latch striker.
- Install the insulator and secure with the retainers.
- If equipped, attach the underhood wire.
- Remove the protective covering from the fenders.
- Inspect for proper hood alignments and adjust as necessary, as outlined in this section.
- Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
To raise or lower the rear of the hood to achieve alignment with the rear of the fenders, proceed as follows:
- Loosen, but do not remove the bolts on one side.
- Reposition the hood. Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- If necessary, repeat the procedure on the other side of the hood.
To raise or lower the front of the hood to achieve alignment with the front of the fenders, proceed as follows:
- Close the hood securely.
- Determine the amount of adjustment necessary.
- Open and support the hood.
Adjust the front bumpers by:
Turning clockwise to lower the bumper