With the remote control door outside mirror, the remote control mirror cable must be disengaged from the door trim assembly on the standard trim styles to permit trim panel removal.
On custom trim styles the remote control mirror cable must be disengaged from the upper trim panel and the upper trim panel must be removed to permit lower trim panel removal.
Refer to the illustrations for both custom trim and standard trim.
The mirror glass face may be replaced by placing a piece of tape over the glass then breaking the mirror face. Adhesive back mirror faces are available.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- From the inside of the door remove the retaining screw.
- Remove the outside mirror escutcheon by pulling inward.
- For manual mirrors, remove mirror control handle/knob and remove escutcheon.
- If equipped with power mirrors, detach the electrical connector.
- Remove the gasket, then unfasten the retaining nuts and remove the mirror from the door.
- Install the mirror to the door and secure with the retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 45 in. lbs. (5 Nm).
- Install the gasket and, if equipped with power mirrors, attach the electrical connector.
- Slide the escutcheon onto handle shaft and install handle.
- Snap the escutcheon into place and install the retaining screw.