The Hall Effect Switch, when used, is installed in the HEI distributor. The purpose of the switch is to sense engine speed and send the information to the Electronic Control Module (ECM). To remove the Hall Effect Switch, the distributor shaft must be removed from the distributor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor from the vehicle. For details, please refer to the procedure later in this section. Remove the cap and rotor.
- Remove the switch by unfastening the retaining screws.
- Position the switch, then securing using the retaining screws.
- Fasten the rotor and cap, then install the distributor assembly. For details, please refer to the procedure located later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.