REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor from the vehicle. For details, please refer to the procedure later in this section. Remove the cap and rotor.
- If the distributor has a Hall Effect Switch, remove the switch by removing the retaining screws. Matchmark the gear and shaft for installation purposes, then drive the roll pin from the gear and remove the shaft assembly.
- Remove the thin "C" washer (waved retaining ring) or pry the retainer off (depending upon application), then lift the pick-up coil straight up to remove from the distributor.
- Install the pickup coil and the thin "C" washer or retainer.
- Assemble the shaft, gears parts and roll pin. Use the marks made during removal for alignment purposes.
- If equipped, install the Hall Effect Switch.
- Spin the distributor shaft to be sure the teeth do not touch. If the teeth make contact, loosen, then re-tighten the pickup coil teeth and Hall Effect Switch teeth (if used) to eliminate contact.
- Install the rotor and cap, then install the distributor assembly. For details, please refer to the procedure located later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.