REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
Some of these steps may not be applicable for all vehicles.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Block the drive wheels of the vehicles, then place the gear selector/shift lever in the neutral position. Apply the parking brake.
- Remove the accessory trim plate from the console housing. Remove the console trim plate.
- Open the front ashtray, then remove the ashtray, and unfasten the screws (some models use Torx® screws) under the ashtray.
- If necessary for console removal, remove the radio and the A/C and heater control.
- If necessary, unfasten the console-to-instrument panel retaining screws.
- For vehicles through 1992, if equipped with an automatic transaxle, gently pry out the emblem in the center of the shift knob, then remove snapring securing knob. Lift trimplate assembly out by pulling front end up first and disconnect wire harness.
- On vehicles through 1992, equipped with a manual transaxle, remove the shift knob by removing the set screw under the knob or unscrewing the knob, as applicable. If necessary, detach the electrical connector
- If necessary, unfasten the screws under the trim plate, then remove rear ashtray and remove the screw(s) under the ashtray.
- On vehicles equipped with a manual transaxle, remove the screw under parking brake handle and 2 screws at sides of console in rear.
- If necessary, unfasten the retaining screws in the console rear storage compartment.
- Unfasten any remaining screws, then lift the console up and detach any electrical connectors and out of the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.