REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the door window to the full up position and remove the door trim panel and water deflector.
- Unfasten the bolts holding the front glass retainer to the door inner panel and remove the retainer through the rear access hole. Lower the glass to approximately 3 in. (76mm) above the beltline.
- Rotate the glass forward to disengage the window regulator roller from the sash channel.
- Lower the glass into the door to disengage the rear guide (on the glass) from the rear run channel.
- Using care, raise the glass while tilting forward and remove the glass inboard of the upper frame.
- Tilt the front edge of the glass downward to locate the glass in the door.
- Apply pressure rearward and snap the glass rear guide into the rear run channel.
- Lower the glass to about 3 in. (76mm) above the beltline and install the widow regulator roller to sash channel.
- Run the glass to the full up position.
- Place the front glass retainer in position and install the bolts.
- Check the window to make sure it operates correctly, then install the remaining trim parts.
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel, sound absorber, armrest bracket and water deflector.
- Position the glass so that the up stop spanner nut on the glass is visible through the access hole.
- Using tool J-22055 or equivalent, remove the spanner nut, bushing and stop from the glass.
- Position the glass so the spanner nuts are visible through the access hole.
- Remove the spanner nuts and bushings.
- Loosen the upper stabilizers.
- Disengage the glass from the studs on the sash where the spanner nuts were removed.
- Lower the regulator to the full-down position.
- Grasp the glass and pull the glass up, with the front of the glass tilted down and remove the glass.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Before installing trim parts, check the window operation for proper alignment and adjust as needed.