REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the fuel inlet and outlet nuts and gaskets from fuel meter body.
- Unfasten three screws and lockwashers, then remove the fuel meter body from the throttle body assembly.
The air cleaner stud must have been removed previously.
- Remove and discard the fuel meter body insulator gasket.
- Install a new fuel meter body insulator gasket. Place the throttle body assembly in a suitable holding fixture to avoid damaging the throttle valve.
The gasket is installed correctly when the cut-out portions of the gasket match the openings in the throttle body assembly.
- Position the fuel meter body on the insulator gasket. Apply the thread locking compound, supplied in the service kit, to the threads on the three fuel meter body attaching screw, following the manufacturers directions.
- Install the fuel meter body attaching screws and lockwasher, then tighten to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install the fuel feed and return nut and new gaskets in the fuel meter body. Tighten the nut to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.