REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove air cleaner.
- Detach the injector electrical connector by squeezing on the two tabs and pulling straight up.
- Unfasten the five screws and lockwashers securing the fuel meter cover to the fuel meter body.
Do not remove the four screws securing the pressure regulator to the fuel meter cover. The fuel pressure regulator includes a large spring under heavy tension which, if accidentally released, could cause personal injury. The fuel meter cover is only serviced as a complete assembly and includes the fuel pressure regulator preset and plugged at the factory.
- Lift off the fuel meter cover (including the fuel pressure regulator assembly).
- Discard the fuel outlet passage gasket. Leave the fuel meter cover gasket in place on the fuel meter body.
- Remove the sealing ring (dust seal) for the base of the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel meter body.
- Install a new dust deal fuel the fuel pressure regulator, into the recess on the fuel meter body.
- Position a new fuel return passage gasket on the fuel meter cover. Install a new fuel meter gasket on the fuel meter body.
- Install the fuel meter cover, making sure the pressure regulator dust seal and cover gaskets are in place. Apply a suitable thread locking compound to the threads of the cover attaching screws. Install the attaching screws and lockwasher. The two short screws go next to the fuel injector. Tighten the screws to 28 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Attach the injector electrical connector by pushing straight down until it is seated firmly in place.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Connect the negative battery cable.