REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove air cleaner.
- Detach the injector electrical connector by squeezing on the two tabs and pulling straight up.
- Unfasten the five screws securing fuel meter cover to fuel meter body. Make sure to note the location of the two short screws during removal.
Do not remove the four screws securing the pressure regulator to the fuel meter cover. The fuel pressure regulator includes a large spring under heavy tension which, if accidentally released, could cause personal injury. The fuel meter cover is only serviced as a complete assembly and includes the fuel pressure regulator preset and plugged at the factory.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator.
DO NOT immerse the fuel meter cover (with pressure regulator) in any type of cleaner. Immersion in cleaner will damage the internal fuel pressure regulator diaphragms and gaskets.
- Using new gaskets and dust seal, attach the fuel meter cover to the fuel meter body. The two short screws are located adjacent to the injector.
- Attach the injector electrical connector by pushing straight down until it is seated firmly in place.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Connect the negative battery cable.