REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the battery cables at the battery.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly, noting the connection points of the vacuum lines.
- Detach the electrical connectors at the injector, idle air control motor, and throttle position sensor.
- Tag and disconnect the vacuum lines from the TBI unit, noting the connection points. During installation, refer to the underhood emission control information decal for vacuum line routing information.
- Disconnect the throttle and cruise control (if so equipped) cables at the TBI unit.
- Unfasten the fuel return line.
- Disconnect the fuel feed line.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the TBI unit.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure to clean the gasket mating surfaces.
Tighten the TBI retaining bolts alternately and evenly to the following specifications:
1983-85 2.0L OHV engine: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).