REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Detach the fuel injector electrical connector.
- Remove the injector retainer screw and retainer.
- Using a smooth object such as a fulcrum, place the blade of a suitable prytool under the ridge opposite the connector end and carefully pry the injector out.
- Remove and discard the upper and lower O-rings from the injector and in the fuel injector cavity.
- Inspect the filter for evidence of dirt and/or contamination.
Be sure to replace the injector with an identical part. Injectors from other models can fit in the Model 700, but are calibrated for different flow rates. There is a part number located on the top of the injector
- Lubricate the new upper and lower O-rings with clean engine oil and place them on the injector. Make sure the upper O-ring is in the groove and the lower one is flush up against the filter.
Install the fuel injector assembly as follows:
- Position the injector in the fuel meter body with the electrical connector facing the cut-out for the wire grommet.
- Push the injector down to seat it in the cavity.
Make sure the electrical connector end on the injector is facing in the general direction to the cut-out in the fuel meter body for the wire grommet.
- Install the injector retainer, using appropriate thread locking compound on the retainer attaching screw. Tighten to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Tighten the fuel filler cap, if loosened during fuel pressure relief procedure.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then with the engine OFF , check to see that the accelerator pedal is free by depressing, then releasing it. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position for 2 seconds, then turn to the OFF position for 10 seconds. Again turn the switch to the ON position and check for fuel leaks.
- Install the air cleaner assembly and gasket.