REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The TP sensor and IAC valve should NOT come into contact with any type of solvent or cleanser, as this may cause damage.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner cover and air duct.
- Partially drain the coolant to allow the coolant hoses at the throttle body to be removed.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Detach the electrical connectors from the TP sensor and IAC valve.
- Disconnect the throttle, transaxle control and cruise control (if equipped) cables.
- Unfasten the throttle body attaching bolts, then loosen the throttle body from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the coolant hoses from the throttle body.
- Detach the vacuum hose from the bottom of the throttle body.
- Remove the throttle body and gasket. Discard the gasket.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the bottom of the throttle body.
- Fasten the coolant hoses to the throttle body.
- Position the throttle body, with a new gasket, against the manifold, then secure with the attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Fasten the throttle, cruise control and transaxle cables to the throttle body.
- Attach the TP sensor and IAC valve electrical connectors.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Refill the cooling system to the proper level.
- Install the air duct and air cleaner cover.
- Connect the the negative battery cable.