REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the rear wheel and tire assemblies.
- Using the proper equipment, support the weight of the rear axle. Unfasten the right and left brake line bracket attaching screws, then allow the brake line to hang free.
- Unfasten both shock absorber lower attaching bolts from the axle.
- Carefully lower the axle, then remove the coil spring(s) and/or insulator(s).
- Position the spring(s) and insulator(s) in the seats, and raise the axle. The ends of the upper coil in the spring must be positioned in the spring seat and within 9 / 16 in. (15mm) of the spring stop.
Before installing the springs, it may be necessary to install the upper insulators to the body with adhesive to keep them in position while raising the axle assembly.
- Install the shock absorber bolts. Tighten to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm). Install the brake line brackets. Tighten to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).