REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Loosen the wheel lug nuts. Raise and safely support the vehicle, then remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake drum. Removal procedures are covered in Brakes of this repair guide, if needed.
Do not hammer on the brake drum to remove; damage to the bearing will result.
- If equipped, detach the rear ABS wheel speed sensor wire connector.
- Unfasten the four hub and bearing retaining bolts and remove the assembly from the axle. The top rear attaching bolt will not clear the brake shoe when removing the hub and bearing assembly. Partially remove the hub and bearing assembly prior to removing this bolt.
- If equipped, attach the rear ABS wheel speed sensor wire.
- Position the top rear attaching bolt in the hub and bearing assembly, then install the assembly.
- Tighten the hub and bearing-to-axle bolts to 39-44 ft. lbs. (52-60 Nm).
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly, then carefully lower the vehicle and tighten the lug nut to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).