See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 3, 4 and 5PCV Valve
The valve is located in a rubber grommet in the valve cover, connected to the air cleaner housing by a large diameter rubber hose. To replace the valve:
- Pull the valve (with the hose attached) or the hose from the rubber grommet in the valve cover.
- Remove the valve from the hose.
- Install a new valve into the hose.
- Press the valve or hose back into the rubber grommet in the valve cover.
Some models have a PCV filter, located in the air cleaner housing. This filter must be replaced at every 50,000 miles (80,500 km), or sooner, upon inspection.
- Remove the air cleaner housing lid.
- Slide back the filter retaining clip and remove the old filter.
- Install the new filter, replace the retaining clip and replace the housing lid.