REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the shroud top vent grille.
- For vehicles through 1991, loosen (but do not remove) the drive link-to-crank arm attaching nuts and detach the drive link from the motor crank arm.
- Tag and disconnect all electrical leads from the wiper motor.
- Using tool J 39232 or equivalent, remove the transmission drive link from the wiper motor crank arm.
- For vehicles through 1991, unscrew the mounting bolts, rotate the motor up and outward and remove it.
- For 1992 vehicles, unfasten the three screws, then remove the wiper motor assembly, guiding the crank arm through the hole.
- Guide the crank arm through the opening in the body and then tighten the mounting bolts to 4-6 ft. lbs. (5-8 Nm) and the screws to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the drive link to the crank arm with the motor in the park position.
- Installation of the remaining components is the reverse of removal.