REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disengage the two solenoid electrical connectors and the fluid level sensor connector.
- Detach the 6-pin and 3-pin motor pack electrical connectors.
- Wrap a shop towel around the hydraulic brake lines, then disconnect the four brake lines from the modulator.
Cap the disconnected lines to prevent the loss of fluid and the entry of moisture and contaminants.
- Unfasten the 2 nuts attaching the ABS hydraulic modulator/master cylinder assembly to the vacuum booster.
- Remove the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the ABS hydraulic modulator assembly to the vehicle. Secure using the two attaching nuts and tighten to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Uncap and connect the 4 brake pipes to the modulator assembly. Tighten to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Attach the 6-pin and 3-pin electrical connectors.
- Engage the fluid level sensor connector and the two solenoid electrical connections.
- Properly bleed the ABS system, as outlined later in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.