See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 7 and 8
- Relieve the fuel system pressure using the recommended procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the fuel tank, then remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- While holding the modular fuel sender assembly down, remove the snap-ring from the designated slots located on the retainer.
- Remove the external fuel strainer.
- Detach the Connector Position Assurance (CPA) piece from the electrical connector and detach the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Gently release the tabs on the sides of the fuel sender at the cover assembly. Begin by squeezing the sides of the reservoir and releasing the tab opposite the fuel level sensor. Move clockwise to release the second and third tabs in the same manner.
- Lift the cover assembly out far enough to detach the fuel pump electrical connection.
- Rotate the fuel pump baffle counterclockwise and remove the baffle and pump assembly from the retainer.
- Slide the fuel pump outlet out of slot, then remove the fuel pump outlet seal.
- Install the fuel pump outlet seal, then slide the fuel pump outlet in the slots of reservoir cover.
- Install the fuel pump and baffle assembly onto the reservoir retainer and rotate clockwise until seated.
- Install the lower retainer assembly partially into the reservoir. Line up all 3 sleeve tabs. Press the retainer onto the reservoir making sure all 3 tabs are firmly seated.
Gently pull on the fuel pump reservoir from retainer to assure a secure fastening. If not secure, replace the entire fuel sender.
- Attach the fuel pump connector.
- Fasten the CPA connector to the fuel sender cover.
- Install a new external fuel strainer.
- Install the modular fuel sender.
- Install the fuel tank in the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Pressurize the fuel system and verify no leaks.