See Figure 1
- Loosen the fuel filler cap to relieve tank pressure (do not tighten at this time).
- Start the engine and let it idle.
- Remove the fuel pump relay from the power distribution block in the engine compartment.
- Let the engine run until the fuel supply remaining in the fuel pipes is consumed. Engage the starter for 3 seconds to assure relief of any remaining pressure.
- Replace the fuel pump fuse in the fuse block.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable to avoid possible fuel discharge if an accidental attempt is made to start the engine.