REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the drivers side instrument panel trim panel/sound insulator.
- Detach the switch electrical connector.
- Remove the switch from the retainer by grasping it and pulling it toward the rear of the car.
- Insert the brake light switch into the retainer until the switch body seats on the retainer.
Adjust the brake light switch, as follows:
- Pull the brake pedal upward against the internal pedal stop. The switch will be moved in the retainer providing proper adjustment.
Proper switch adjustment is achieved when no clicks are heard as the pedal is pulled upward and when the brake lights do not stay on without brake application.
- Attach the switch electrical connector.
- Install the hush panel/sound insulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable.