REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the proportioner valve caps. It may be necessary to remove the master cylinder reservoir.
- Remove and discard the valve cap O-rings.
- Remove the proportioner valve piston springs, then remove the valve pistons using needle-nose pliers. Be careful not to scratch or damage the piston stems.
- Remove the valve seals from the proportioner valve pistons.
- Clean all parts in clean denatured alcohol, then dry with compressed air. Inspect the valve pistons for corrosion or deformation and replace if necessary.
- Lubricate new proportioner valve cap O-rings and valve seals with the silicone grease given in the repair kit. Also, lubricate the stem of the proportioner valve pistons.
- Place new proportioner valve seals on the proportioner valve pistons with the seal lips facing upward toward the proportioner valve cap.
- Position the proportioner valve pistons and seals into the master cylinder body.
- Place new proportioner valve cap O-rings in the grooves in the proportioner valve caps.
- Install the valve caps in the master cylinder body, then tighten the caps to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- If removed, install the master cylinder reservoir.