REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle. Refer to Drive Train .
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, mark the clutch disc, pressure plate and flywheel with index marks in relation to each other for installation. Remove the clutch disc and pressure plate. Refer to Drive Train .
- Mark the position of the flywheel on the crankshaft and remove the flywheel retaining bolts.
- Remove the flywheel and spacer (if equipped).
- Coat the threads of the flywheel retaining bolts with thread locking compound.
- Position the flywheel on the crankshaft flange and install the spacer (if equipped).
- Install and tighten the bolts in a alternating star pattern to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm) on the 2.2L engine, and 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) and an additional 45° on the 2.3L and 2.4L engines.
- If equipped with a manual transaxle, install the clutch and pressure plate.
- Install the transaxle. Refer to Drive Train .
- Connect the negative battery cable.