REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Place the components in a rack in order to be sure they are installed at the same location and with the same mating surface ae when removed.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rocker (valve) arm cover.
- Unfasten the rocker arm nuts.
- Remove the rocker arm(s) from the cylinder head. Be sure not to lose the pivot ball and washer inside the rocker arm.
- Remove the pushrods.
- Install the pushrods. Be sure to install the pushrods in the correct positions, and be sure they seat properly in the lifters.
- Coat the bearing surfaces of the rocker arms and pivot balls with a quality assembly lube meeting GM specification 1052365 or equivalent.
- Install the rocker arm(s).
- Install the rocker arm nuts, and tighten to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Install the rocker arm cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.