REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
On the 2.3L and 2.4L engines, there is no valve cover. The engines feature a cover over the cylinder head and camshaft housing. The cover has integrated camshaft bearing caps located on the bottom of the cover.2.2L Engine
See Figures 1 through 14
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet duct.
- Disconnect the accelerator control, cruise control (if equipped), and T.V. cables at the accelerator control bracket.
- Remove the accelerator control bracket.
- Disconnect the PCV valve hose.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts, then remove the rocker arm (valve) cover from the vehicle. Remove and discard the gasket.
- Clean off the cylinder head and cover sealing surfaces.
- Position a new rocker arm gasket, then install the cover. Tighten the retaining bolt to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the PCV valve hose.
- Install the accelerator control bracket. Tighten the retaining bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Attach the accelerator control, cruise control (if equipped) and TV cables at the control bracket.
- Install the air cleaner outlet duct.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for leaks.