REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the drive axle nut.
- Remove the brake caliper bolts and support the brake caliper to the side.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Remove the 3 bolts that go through the steering knuckle from the back of the knuckle. Rust buildup may require a generous application of penetrating oil where the hub fits into the knuckle.
- Remove the hub and bearing assembly from the steering knuckle.
- Install hub and bearing assembly to steering knuckle while carefully inserting the drive axle through hub assembly.
- Install hub and bearing bolts and tighten to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the brake rotor.
- Install the brake caliper and bolts.
- Install the axle nut and tighten it to 185 ft. lbs. (260 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly and tighten the lugnuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle and verify proper operation.