REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The stabilizer bar attaches to the front suspension support (subframe) and through a bolt and link, connects the lower control arms.
- Raise and safely support vehicle and allow vehicle suspension to hang free.
- Remove the front tire and wheel assemblies.
- Remove the nuts attaching stabilizer bar to stabilizer links.
- Remove the clamps attaching stabilizer bar to the subframe.
- Support the rear of the subframe with adjustable safety stands.
- Remove the rear and center bolts from subframe assembly and loosen the front bolts.
- Lower the subframe 3 inches by adjusting the safety stands down.
- Remove the stabilizer bar with insulators.
- Place stabilizer bar with insulators into vehicle and hand-tighten.
- Install the clamps attaching stabilizer bar to subframe assemblies and hand-tighten.
- Install the subframe assemblies into position and install bolts (hand-tighten).
Tighten subframe bolts left rear outboard first, right rear outboard second, front upper third and rear inboard last.
- Tighten the left rear outboard to 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Tighten the right rear outboard to 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Tighten the front upper bolts to 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Tighten the rear inboard bolts to 96 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Tighten the stabilizer-to-subframe clamp bolts to subframe to 49 ft. lbs. (66 Nm).
- Tighten the stabilizer bar links to control arm nuts. Tighten the nuts to 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assemblies.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Check wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.