REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This procedure requires Tool Set J37088-A fuel line quick-connect separator.
- Grasp both sides of the fitting. Twist the female connector 1 / 4 turn in each direction to loosen any dirt within the fittings. Using compressed air, blow out the dirt from the quick-connect fittings at the end of the fittings.
- For plastic (hand releasable) fittings, squeeze the plastic retainer release tabs, then pull the connection apart.
- For metal fittings, choose the correct tool from kit J37088-A for the size of the fitting to be disconnected. Insert the proper tool into the female connector, then push inward to release the locking tabs. Pull the connection apart.
- If it is necessary to remove rust or burrs from the male tube end of a quick-connect fitting, use emery cloth in a radial motion with the tube end to prevent damage to the O-ring sealing surfaces. Using a clean shop towel, wipe off the male tube ends. Inspect all connectors for dirt and burrs. Clean and/or replace if required.
- Apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male tube end of the fitting.
- Push the connectors together to cause the retaining tabs/fingers to snap into place.
- Once installed, pull on both ends of each connection to make sure they are secure.