REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the door panel and the water deflector.
- Remove the door glass (window).
- On front door regulators only, remove the regulator retaining bolts.
- Using a 3 / 16 in. (5mm) drill bit, drill out the regulator attaching rivets.
- Move the regulator rearward and disconnect the wiring harness from the motor, if so equipped. Disengage the roller on the regulator lift arm from the glass sash channel.
- Remove the regulator and motor through the rear access hole.
- If so equipped, attach the motor to the regulator using a rivet tool and 3 / 16 in. (5mm) rivets or 3 / 16 in. (5mm) nuts and bolts.
- Place the regulator through the rear access hole into the door.
- If an electric regulator is being installed, connect the wire connector to the motor prior to installing the regulator in the panel.
- Locate the lift arm roller into the glass sash channel.
- Using rivet tool J-29022 or equivalent, rivet the regulator to the door using 1 / 4 in. x 1 / 2 in. (6mm x 13mm) aluminum peel type rivets (part No. 9436175 or equivalent).
- On the front door only, install the regulator retaining bolts
- Replace the door window assembly.
- Install the water deflector and the door panel.