REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
Do not remove both shock absorbers at one time. Suspending the rear axle at full length could result in damage to brake lines and/or hoses.
- Open the trunk lid.
- Remove the trim to access the coil-over shock retaining nut.
- Remove the coil-over shock absorber retaining nut.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle with safety stands.
- Remove the bolts from the coil-over shock upper mount.
- Remove coil-over shock lower mount through bolt.
- Remove the coil-over shock.
- Install coil-over shock absorber at the lower attachment. Install bolt hand-tight.
- Install bolts to the coil-over shock mount.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the coil-over shock upper mount attaching nut.
- Tighten the lower mount through bolt to 125 ft. lbs. (170 Nm).
- Tighten the coil-over shock upper mount bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Remove the safety stands and lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the upper coil-over shock retaining nut to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the trim.
- Road test the vehicle.