REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
A single-unit hub and bearing assembly is bolted to both ends of the rear axle assembly or rear knuckle assembly. This hub and bearing is a sealed unit which is supposed to eliminate the need for wheel bearing adjustments and does not require periodic maintenance.
- Raise and safely support vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Disconnect the ABS wheel speed sensor wire connector.
- Remove the hub and bearing assembly mounting bolts. The top rear mounting bolt will not clear the brake shoe when removing the hub and bearing assembly. Partially remove the hub and bearing assembly prior to removing this bolt.
- Remove the hub and bearing assembly from the axle.
- Install the hub and bearing assembly. Position the top rear mounting bolt in the hub and bearing assembly prior to installation to the axle housing.
- Tighten the mounting bolts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Attach the rear ABS wheel speed sensor wire connector.
- Install the brake drum.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly. Tighten the lug nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (140 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Road test the vehicle.