REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Support the rear axle with jackstands.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assembly.
- Disconnect the brake line at the brackets from the axle assembly. This will ensure that the axle assembly is not suspended by the brake lines.
- Unfasten the lower shock mount bolt.
- Lower the rear axle.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable at the equalizer unit right wheel assembly.
- If equipped, detach the rear ABS wiring connector and mount clip located near the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the right and left brake lines.
- Unfasten the axle-to-body mount bolts and nuts, then remove the axle assembly.
- Position the rear axle assembly and loosely install the axle-to-body mount bolts and nuts.
- Connect the right and left brake lines.
- Attach the ABS wiring connector and mount clip.
- Fasten the parking brake cable at the right rear wheel cable connector and cable equalizer.
- Install the lower mount bolt. Tighten the axle-to-body mount bolts and nuts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm) plus a 120° rotation. Tighten the shock absorber lower attaching bolt and nut to 125 ft. lbs. (170 Nm).
- Fasten the left and right side brake line bracket mount bolts to the body. Tighten the screws to 97 inch lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the tire and wheel assembly, then remove the jackstands from under the vehicle.
- Carefully lower the vehicle, then bleed the brake system, as outlined in Brakes of this guide.