The low oil level switch activates the OIL light in the instrument cluster when the oil level in the pan goes below a certain level. The switch is mounted on the oil pan.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Position a suitable drain pan under the switch.
- Detach the switch connector harness.
- Drain the engine oil into a suitable container.
- Remove the oil level switch.
- Install the oil level switch and tighten it to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the switch harness connector.
- Carefully lower the vehicle.
- Add the correct type and amount of engine oil to the crankcase, then connect the negative battery cable.