REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before working around the steering column. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- If equipped, disable the SIR system. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper steering column cover.
- Remove the lower steering column cover screws and lower the steering column cover.
- Remove the 2 switch mounting screws and remove the switch.
- Detach all wire connectors from the combination switch. Push locking tabs to remove the wires.
- Attach all wire connectors to the combination switch.
- Install the combination switch to the column with the 2 attaching screws.
- Install the lower steering column cover screws and lower steering column cover.
- Install the upper steering column cover and attaching screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Enable the SIR system, if equipped.