REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before working around the steering column. Failure to do may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, disable the SIR system.
- Remove the steering column.
- The ignition switch is located at the base of the steering column. Disconnect the vehicle wire harness from the ignition switch.
- Unfasten the mounting screws, then remove the ignition switch assembly.
When fasteners are removed, always reinstall them at the same location from which they were removed. If a fastener needs to be replaced, use the correct part number fastener for that application. If the correct part number is not available, a fastener of equal size and strength (or stronger) may be used. Fasteners that are to be reused, and those requiring thread locking compound will be called out. The correct torque value must be used when installing fasteners that require it. If the above conditions are not followed, parts or system damage could result.
- Position the ignition switch assembly.
- Install and tighten the 2 mounting screws.
- Connect the vehicle wire harness to the switch assembly.
- Install the steering column.
- Enable the SIR system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.