REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Turn the ignition switch to the ACCY position, then set the wiper switch to the PULSE position.
- When the wiper arms are at the inner-wipe position and not moving, turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Disconnect the washer hose from the washer nozzle.
- Remove the cover from the nut.
- Unfasten the nut from the wiper arm assembly and the wiper transmission assembly driveshaft.
If the wiper arm assembly cannot be removed from the transmission assembly driveshaft by rocking it, a battery puller may be used with the windshield wipers in mid-wipe.
- Remove the wiper arm assembly from the transmission pivot by rocking.
- If necessary, replace the blade refill as outlined in General Information & Maintenance of this guide.
- If removed, install the blade refill.
Install the wiper arm assembly on the transmission driveshaft.
- Put the ignition switch in the ACCY position.
- Set the wiper switch to the PULSE position. The windshield wiper system should be operating.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF when wipers are in this innerwipe position and not moving.
- Install the wiper arm assembly on the transmission drive shaft while maintaining a distance of 3.46 in. (87.8mm) for the left hand side or 3.83 in. (97.5mm) for the right hand side between the wiper blade assembly and the bottom of the windshield (see accompanying figure for details).
- Install the retaining nut on the wiper transmission driveshaft and wiper arm assembly. Tighten the nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm), then install the cover on the nut.
Lubricate the washer hose with windshield washer solvent to ease installation on the nozzle.
- Attach the washer hose to the washer nozzle.
- Operate the wipers and check for proper operation.
The only adjustment for the wiper arms is to remove an arm from the transmission shaft, rotate the arm the required distance and direction and then install the arm back in position so it is in line with the blackout line on the glass. The wiper motor must be in the park position.
The correct blade-out wipe position on the driver's side is 9 / 16 -1 3 / 4 in. (15-45mm) from the tip of the blade to the left windshield pillar molding (driver's side). The correct blade-down wipe position on the passenger side of the car is in line with the blackout line at the bottom of the glass.